Christopher Allan, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Uzbekistan opened the Seminar and noted perfect timing of MINEX Uzbekistan as the Government is rolling out the plans to widen cooperation with the private sector to modernise state-owned mining enterprises and to offer foreign investors to develop new strategic metals deposits of gold, rare earth metals, uranium, coal and potash.
Shamil Burnashev, Deputy Chairman, State Investments Committee of Uzbekistan presented main investment areas open to international investors. Uzbekistan is interested in cooperation with the companies who besides funding could help to with implementation of advanced technologies and services.
Bobir Islamov, First Vice-Chairman, State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Geology and Mineral Resources and Shukhrat Mirkhadiev, Director, State Geological Information Centre presented on current state of the mineral reserves base of the Republic of Uzbekistan and opportunities for foreign participation in exploration of strategic metals and ores.
Doniyor Tailatkhodzhaev, Head of Subsoil Licensing Department, State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Geology and Mineral Resources spoke about licencing mineral exploration and extraction of precious metals, rare earth metals, uranium, coal and mineral fertilizers in Uzbekistan.
Hasanjon Mamadjonov, Chief Executive Officer, Uzbekinvest International Insurance Company (UIIC) presented on risk-management in mining sector and illustrated several cases of technical and political risks underwritten by Uzbekinvest jointly with AIG Group.
Ruediger Durchholz, Head of Mining Consulting, DMT GmbH & Co. presented studies of the international standards and their implementation as the guarantee of mining project success.
Vladimir Zhosan, Senior Mining Engineer, SRK Consulting (Russia) Ltd. talked about modern use of modern software and methodologies to optimise operations in the CIS.
Achievements and development plans in Uzbekistan’s energy coal, copper, gold and fertiliser sectors where presented by
- Abdujalil Abdukadyrov, Deputy Chief Technology Engineer – Head of Technology and New Product Implementation Department, Almalyk Mining and Metallurgical Сombine
- Sergey Rudnev, Chief Geologist, Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combine
- Yuri Krivenko, Deputy Chief Engineer for Mining, Uzbekugol
- Dmitry Pak, First Deputy Chairman of the Board, Uzkimyosanoat
International technologies, mining investment cases and research studies were presented by
- Alexey Shalashinski, Head of sales, DMT GmbH & Co KG
- Dr. Volker Steinbach, Head of Department Energy Resources, Mineral Resources, Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources
- Dr Alexander Antonov, General Representative in CIS, B2Gold
- Ruslan Erzhanov, General Director, Wardell Armstrong International
- Evgeny Strelsky, Head of the “Laboratory Research” Project, MinStandart
- Erentsen Kanaev, Regional Manager, Central Asia, MICROMINE
- Dr. Bertrand Ngim, Sales Manager/Sales Engineer, MMD Mineral Sizing (Europe)
- Dr. Ben Tordoff, Business Sector Manager, Mining & Geoscience, Carl Zeiss Microscopy Limited
- Dr. Andrey Minkin, Business Development/Application Engineering, ContiTech Conveyor Belt Group
- Dominique Rachez, General Manager for Central Asia, Aggreko Eurasia
- Dr. Oktiabrin Sadyrov, General Manager Kyrgyzstan & Central Asia,
- ALS Inspection UK Limited
- Sandeep Ray, Director Global Sales for Datamine
The Seminar concluded with the One-on-One meetings and Networking Drinks
Canadian B2Gold signed with The State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on geology and mineral resources Memorandum of Understanding to set up mutual cooperation aiming for carrying out joint geological exploration work on perspective areas and development of the revealed noble, non-ferrous and rare Metals deposits in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Networking continued at the reception hosted by Christopher Allan, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Uzbekistan in his Residence in Tashkent.
On 17 May international delegates continued business meetings and also visited the largest oil & gas Exhibition organised in Tashkent by ITE Group.
“MINEX Uzbekistan is a unique platform for international mining companies and service providers to meet with the national mining companies and government officials and discuss business prospects. We hope that MINEX will become a launching pad for many investment projects and new trade agreements and will make an important contribution to the development of the industry and, ultimately, to the growth and prosperity of Uzbekistan” remarked the head of the MINEX organization committee Mr Arthur Poliakov at the end of the Seminar“